Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sopranos Saturday: Worst Characters


Okay, okay. Enough with the positivity. It's time to talk about the worst characters from the Sopranos. This list was extremely easy to make and I couldn't imagine how anybody could disagree. Strangely enough, however, I looked up a number of other 'top five' lists and found that many of my worst characters were actually listed among other list's best characters. Make no mistake, the people in this list absolutely suck. 

5. Big Pussy


You will come to discover a common trait shared by all of these characters. They have the most punchable faces in television history. Big Pussy is named Big Pussy. That should be enough right there. He is also the first major character to become a snitch for the FBI. The fact that he was so proud of himself for snitching and felt like a 'real cop' made him so much more hateable.


4. Artie Bucco


Artie Bucco is the definition of a loser. The other characters in the show talk about him like he was so cool when they were growing up, but I just can't picture that. He strikes me as the type of guy that tries so hard to fit in with the group, but never truly earns their respect. He's by far the creepiest with Soprano girls and he let's his emotions get the best of him far too often. 


3. Ralphie Cifaretto


Ralphie is the worst! Well, not literally as he is only number three on the list. But Ralphie is pretty damn close to being the worst! Between bad jokes and a big mouth that ultimately got him killed, Ralphie was one of the few whacked characters who I didn't feel bad about at all. He had to go.


2. Paulie Gualtieri


Paulie was the biggest shocker on those other countdowns I mentioned above. He was almost universally selected as one of the best character in the show. That blew me away. I thought for sure he would be one of the most hated. Paulie is so annoying. Every once in a while, he'll make me laugh. That is the only reason he isn't number 1 on this list. Nevertheless, he comes in at number two, and is well deserving of the ranking. Truly awful.

1. A.J. Soprano


When he's not yelling at his parents or acting like a spoiled brat, he's crying. A.J. is my pick for the absolute worst character in the show. First of all, the kid is a bad actor. In his defense, it's difficult to stick with the same child actor for practically 7 seasons. The struck gold with Meadow Soprano, but A.J. didn't work out as well. Equally hateable is A.J.'s various hairstyles throughout the show. The worst one is pictured above. The chin strip look in the final season is arguably just as bad, however. A.J. sucks; plain and simple.

5 comments:

  1. A.J is THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although, I have to say my list would definitely include Richie Aprile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to disagree with you about paulie, I don't think he should even be thought about being on the list! In my opinion he's a fantastic character, especially with that scene with him and chris in the woods was hilarious! Known as one of the finest hours in TV history. However, AJ I totally agree with you the kid is a little bas***d throughout the entire series his constant whining would make you organise a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you about AJ, though I think the actor that plays him does a good job. He certainly makes us hate the guy. I would say that the absolute worst is Livia Soprano - she's utterly evil. Agree with Ralph and Paulie; I'd say Richie and Christopher should be there too. Chris is one of the most prolific but he's also one of the most horrible, especially for the way he treats Adriana. Janice is also pretty awful.

    ReplyDelete